Friday, September 16, 2011

Star Trek Online Launcher Problem, Here is a Quick Fix

Just recently, I was having problems with Star Trek Online's game launcher. For some unknown reason, Star Trek Online's game launcher wouldn't launch. Instead, it's giving out some weird error message. The error message it was giving out was this, "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." I have no freaking idea what it meant but it was keeping me from playing Star Trek Online.

Star Trek Online

I tried a hundred times before deciding it was time to seek Mr. Google's help and that I did. I searched for "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" and came upon some good results. In fact, the results all linked to the official Star Trek Online forum and, it seems that, I was not the only one who had the same problem.

Fortunately, one forum member posted a quick solution and it involved replacing the non-working Star Trek Online game launcher with a working one. The post also contained a link to download a working Star Trek Online game launcher. What I did was, I downloaded the working Star Trek Online game launcher, scanned it for viruses, renamed my existing Star Trek Online and copied over the new Star Trek Online game launcher.

Star Trek Online Launcher Quick Fix

After doing all of that, I tried to run the game launcher again and it finally worked. I was able to log-in to my account, update my copy of Star Trek Online with the latest patch, enter the game and play.

If you would like to go over the entire discussion thread about this problem then simply head-on over to the official forum of Star Trek Online and view this thread titled "Patcher Error". The post about the quick fix is on page 5 of the thread and it also includes a link to download a working copy of Star Trek Online's game launcher.

So, if you are having the same problem with Star Trek Online's game launcher then try the quick fix mentioned here and see if it will actually fix your problem. Don't forget to check out the original post at the official forum of Star Trek Online so you can download a working copy of the game launcher.

To view the original post at the official Star Trek Online website, click here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...