Monday, September 17, 2012

The Secret World Free-To-Play, Will You Play?

Funcom's latest Triple A MMO, The Secret World, was launched just a few months ago but there are already articles in the internet talking about it going Free-To-Play. For example, Massively already has a post titled "Funcom is ready to take The Secret World F2P if need be" and it looks like Funcom only has to flip a switch to turn The Secret World from a Subscription game into a Free-To-Play game.

Will you play The Secret World when it goes Free-To-Play?
(Will you play The Secret World when it goes Free-To-Play?)

Of course, it's only a figure of speech because the developers will still have to do a lot of coding to convert the game to Free-To-Play if the need for it arrives in the future. In another post found at VR-Zone.com, it states that The Secret World is now a profitable MMO and Funcom achieve it by laying-off people and other cost cutting measures.

Seriously, if a game developer/publisher needs to lay-off people to make a game successful then I don't think I could call that success at all. A truly successful game should be getting more people to work developing it and not the other way around but if it makes them money then who am I to question that. LOL!

Personally, I have no plans of buying nor subscribing to the game but if it did go Free-To-Play then I'll definitely give it a try. The only game that I'm planning on spending money on right now is Guildwars 2. The only thing that kept me from doing so was this recent issue with NC Soft and Paragon Studios.

I still think the sudden closure of Paragon Studios and City Of Heroes: Freedom was a dick move on the part of NC Soft. I may not be an active player but I was a former subscriber. The only thing that stopped me from playing the game when it went Free-To-Play was an issue with my video card which was over working itself when I play the game.

In any case, I'm sure The Secret World going Free-To-Play will attract a lot of potential paying Free-To-Play players. What about you? Will you play The Secret World if it goes Free-To-Play? Who knows, it might just be sooner than everyone expects. LOL!

To learn more about The Secret World, click here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...